href="http://technorati.com/blogs/what%27s+on+my+mind+today" rel="tag directory">what's on my mind today.

Friday, February 17, 2006

 

The Gambler

Save to RawSugar

On a warm summer evening... we were driving down to Rhode Island to have some (more) fun. I think it was about two hours until we finally reached there. We all took a day off, QA team and some of the Dev guys. Not a small bunch, I must add. FoxWood was really big. Lots of different corridors, huge rooms, many people. The parking lot was full of cars. Inside, lots of noise, free drinks, no clocks. Just come in little guys, just come to have fun, we won't make soup out of you...

We started of at the machines, three of us used the same machine, each person inserting a quarter, each in his own turn pulling the handle... hoping for some luck. Sometimes the quarters went rolling down like crazy, other times the silence was broken off by the yeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaa, in the neighboring machine. Seems that the neighboring machine is always luckier haaa...

I wanted to get to the roulette table and try my luck there too. It was my dad who showed me how to play and he has a set of numbers he likes.. they aren't really lucky I must add, but I used them anyways.. with some of my own variations.

I was down to my last 4, figuring.. hey what do I have to lose? I put them all on one number.... and luck struck. It was that number. Unbelievable. I broke even. Got all my money back and some change. My friends made some money in poker and rolette just the carribean poker lost :-(... well next time it will be better.

It sure a fun day:-)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?