href="http://technorati.com/blogs/what%27s+on+my+mind+today" rel="tag directory">what's on my mind today.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

 

boat on the river

Save to RawSugar

It was a warm day at noon time. We were all at work. Our VP was crappy as usual. There are no windows in the cubicles. But the urge to be outside and take advantage of such a beautiful day, just over took us.

We snuck off, the six of us, during lunch time. Hey, we are entitled to a lunch break.

We uploaded the kayak on the truck, the boys tied it up with a bunch of ropes and off we went....

Driving RT. 95 was not a good decision. We should have taken the back roads.

I sat in the back of the truck, my head turned to the back window, to watch the kayak. The resistence of of the wind, while we were on our way, took its toll on the ropes. One of them got torn and the kayak flew across the road, as I was screaming as if I was waking up from a terrible dream..."It's flying, the Kayak is flying..."
and no I was not HYSTERICAL at all. AT ALL.

We sure were lucky the car behind us kept some distance. Actually, they stopped as the kayak bounce and skidded on the road, and made sure the rest of the cars stop as well, so we can pick up the kayak and tie it back up on the truck.

The rest of the day was great. We took turns on the kayak, two at a time. The water was really cold, only one of us went for a swim (and it was not me! ).

Another on of those great days!.

tags:

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?