href="http://technorati.com/blogs/what%27s+on+my+mind+today" rel="tag directory">what's on my mind today.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

 

Piano Man

Save to RawSugar

Piano was always my favorite instrument. When I was six years old and my mom asked me what instrument I would like to play, it was obvious that I wanted to play the piano. Something about that instrument intrigged me above all else.

A couple of years ago, when I was working in Alphacell, one of the guys there got a few people together and created a band . At first, I was reluctant to join, but a friend convinced me to check it out. There were 8 people there. Two male singers, a pianinst, an electric guitar player, a keyboard player, a drummer, a bass guitarist and a classical guitarist. I joined as a backup vocalist.

The song list was already set, as I joined late, recovering from a flue that knocked me out for three weeks. As we would be practicing the songs, trying to perfect them, I learned more about how difficult it is to be in-sync and attuned to what was around me. Everytime he struck the keys of the piano, my first instinct was to look at him. There was something about how he played it that seemed to talk to me. I cannot really explain this in words. It is a unique feeling, as if he is talking just to me through the piano. Only I can hear those magical sounds that came out.

We ended up doing a couple of songs together (one with the whole band (Stronger/sugababes) and one just me and the pianist (always a woman to me/Billy Joel). They both came out quite good, as I am not a professional singer, as opposed to my dear pianist friend.

The end of the story is, Alphacell went on a long vacation, we were lucky to have a last recording from that time, as I listen to the songs, I feel really lucky to have been in a band, I still remember the paino lingering in my head as if it is burned to my brain as a stamp of beauty and marvel. Piano man and I are still good friends 'till today. I miss that dearly!

tags:

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?