href="http://technorati.com/blogs/what%27s+on+my+mind+today" rel="tag directory">what's on my mind today.

Monday, April 10, 2006

 

Housewife

Save to RawSugar

definition: a woman who manages a household as a main occupation.

A couple of days ago, I finally had a chance to watch an episode from the series "Desperate Housewifes". Normally, I am less than keen on such types of series. They are just not my style, and I prefer to spend my time doing other things. The series name deterred me from even watching it. I mean, what horror and exaggerated tales can they come up with about managing a house that I don't already know. And that "desperate" word, it just wasn't catching, for me. I wasn't hooked. Another girly girl series? Another girl band like mud-fighting, cat claws scratching series?

One night, out of all the channels (and there are many many channels to waste time zapping through) there was absolutely nothing to my liking. Curiousity overtook me, and by surprise i must add. I zapped through the channels and ran into the channel broadcasting an episode of desperate housewifes. "Let's check it out", I said to myself. What is it all about?

To my surprise, I found the series, quite ammusing. There is a bit of mystery, some "comic relief", if I could call it that, and some real-life everyday problems. I must admit it wasn't bad at all. I just may watch another episode, to be on the safe side.

I did check some other things relating to the word housewife, since it did bug me a bit.
first, I found a more likable (and genderless) word: homemaker. It sounds warmer to me. Homemaker.
Second, I found a place that had a definition for househusband (checkout: househusband). I checked it out just to see that there is no such word, but found it encouraging that there is one somewhere.

So, to all you non-deperate housepeople, homemakers, career breakers... have fun.

tags:

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?