href="http://technorati.com/blogs/what%27s+on+my+mind+today" rel="tag directory">what's on my mind today.

Monday, April 24, 2006

 

A night off

Save to RawSugar

Finally, after a long time of not having the house to myself, the quietness, the serenity, and only MY friends there. Boy it was an enjoyment.

I invited a few of my co-workers over for some fun and drinks. It was more than I expected, and I am not a pessimist. I always think that it will be great, which is mostly true, but this was a hit.

As it turn out, one of my co-workers is a proficient piano player. I was amazed at the easiness his fingers stroke the keys and the swiftness of his movement. He had a whole repertoir of songs, different genres, languages and styles. The synergy of my singing with his piano playing took me back to my own world of music and relaxation. I haven't sang like that since my band broke up 4 months ago.

I must say I was so excited, that I couldn't sleep until 3am. The music was playing in my mind, the lyrics were flying through my brain, the songs were vibrating my vocal cords. I had to sing quietly, as to not awaken anyone. What excitement. I love it.

I have to get back to music. SOON.

tags:

Comments:
It looks like you're already back to music. Can you sing regularly with your chum? Does he play professionally or want to?

You need to build a daily practice into your life immediately, so you can be ready when you line up your next band or collaboration.

Some things are more fulfilling than hardware and software, eh?
 
Music and excercise have always been my escape. Music is great when driving, relaxing, exercising just about always.

I will meet with him next week for a session and I am sure it will be great. If it works out, I hope we will be able to practice regularly, as you suggested, and hope that we record some stuff too.

I also have an upcoming project with a guitarist friend who is also amazing. He used to play in my band. He suggested that I record songs send it to him and he will add the guitar music in the background...(We live far away from each other, so it will be a remote project) so that is good too. I bought some software that I hope to try in the next few days that allows you to edit the track fix change, clean etc.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?