href="http://technorati.com/blogs/what%27s+on+my+mind+today" rel="tag directory">what's on my mind today.

Friday, April 27, 2007

 

Little house on the prairie style

Save to RawSugar

A friend of mine asked me to write about this. So here I go.
Warning! Please do not read if pregnant :-)

Well, the story begins with the following facts. I was pregnant. I was due in a week. Yes, a week is still enough time to get ready... according to my calculations, especially if you consider that the pregnancy is only 40 weeks. Ok when I put it that way... perhaps it is not a long time. Then consider the fact that I did not imagine giving birth ahead of time... OK . I am glad we got that straitened out.

It is the middle of the night. Actually past 2A.M. which technically means early morning. I was just woken up.. no, no, not labour pain. It was the cat who jumped on my face, thinking it would be fun for me to eat some of her fur, while I am asleep.
After making sure she was out of my way, trying to return to what I wanted to do, yes sleep, knowing that soon my nights would be drawn into a vacuum of unsleepiness bound by the "food siren", as I call it" of the baby.

I wasn't able to sleep, feeling some pressure in the lower abs area. Naturally, I thought I ate too much for dinner, knowing how us pregnant ladies eat, and I especially (pregnant or not.. truelly , ask my friends :-) ). Nope! It was not the food.

Soon enough (meaning in a couple of minutes if not less), I felt some pain that was coming and going. I got up to get dressed and made sure the whole house was up with me.. it was time to go to the hospital. Suddenly blood! oh no.. this is sooner than I expected. Lots of blood.. Oh no... Come on we need to hurry.
No one is in a hurry. I mean, labour pain can last for hours!.

Hurry..... my water broke... I have to change my clothes. Done. Can we go now, already? Wait!... more water, more water. let me get cleaned again. Alright I am ready now... wait more water. It's coming out! IT'S COMING OUT, call the AMBULANCE NOWWWWWWWWW!!!

"I want a DOCTOR. I want a DOCTOR" I hear myself saying out loud, almost screaming at the top of my voice.

And out you go. paramedics came in just in time to see her pop her head out and cut the abilicle cord.
I got dressed, walked down 4 flights of stairs and got to the ambulance that drove us to the hospital.

Kind of "Little house on the prairie" style of delivery, don't you think?
"Bring clean sheets and some hot water"

PS. For those pregnant women who had to read the artile.. don't say I didn't warn you :-)

Comments:
Great story Michal -

What is going to happen for your next kid?

Cheers
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?